Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Greetings: the last day I wrote the Bethany team was just arriving and today as I write to you again they have bade us farewell and are at this time safe and sound at home again with their families. I think it is safe to stay that it was a very touching and life alterating visit for each of these first time visitors. What a pleasure it was to introduce them to the delights and challenges of Haiti.

Today is a BANNER DAY for the Village of Hope....WHY you ask? The much dreamed of and long awaited Heath Center is finally underway! YAHOO!. The engineers have been at the site the last two days and today the bulldozer started moving the earth around to clear and level the land for the building. Bert was out their recording this momentous occassion while Roberta and I attended to affairs in town. I still felt a big THRILL even though I was not here to witness this special moment myself! The builders estimate 7 months for the project so please keep your prayers coming that elections run smoothly, the hurricane season passes over us without big distruption etc. to keep us on schedule.

March 16 ECSA begins excavating the ground for the Village of Hope Health Center.




























that's it for today folks..I had hoped to get more pictures posted but it is a no go....will try again next time.

Cheers,

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment