Friday, September 24, 2010

Hi everyone: howdy from VERY wet Haiti.....we had a rain storm, dare I say a bit of cyclone this afternoon as we were driving home from the school. I think maybe I have seen it rain that hard once or twice before...but I have never had to drive in it myself. Odney was in the big truck with 3/4 of the Prince of Peace team.....they got drenched to say the least. We in the pick up truck behind them were okay until we had to face that music once we arrived at Hope House.
The road was like a river and our yard a lovely wading pool. I can only imagine how the folks in the tent camps were faring.

The team arrived yesterday and as usual jumped right in with work. Today we were busy organizing furniture (new tables and chairs) in the classrooms and trying to make the classes a bit more organized. We got 4 of them done and tomorrow will continue on. I think they look pretty good, even if I do say so myself.

Previous to their arrival, I spent several days with two visitors from Boca Raton who came to meet with the contractors for the Health Center Project. All is moving along fine..we are set to sign the contract in 2 weeks and then will be full steam ahead by mid Oct. All in all very encouraging for us.

We have results from two other classes and we are quite pleased. All of the kids in the philo (grade 13) class passed their national exams. Eight out of 15 in the rheto (grade 12) passed and the other 7 are able to write make up exams...which is a good thing for them. Please keep them in your prayers as they begin to prepare for round 2. We still await the results for the grade 9 class.

On that positive note I will say tira for now...time to go and tend to dinner for the hard working crew.....pumpkin soup....a perfect thing for this rainy evening.

a pita...Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment