Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Good afternoon:
It's been awhile I know since I have posted any news. It has been busy for sure but most of it has been the routine day to day work. After the Prince of Peace team left we had one more push to get the rest of the school furniture moved. I kept a crew of 5 guys going most of the day. I know I was pooped at the end of it so I am sure they were exhausted. The classrooms looked great though and I know some will be happy with the results....even if no else is, I sure am and that made it all worthwhile no matter what! Speaking of results we learned that all of the grade 13 (Philo) students passed, 36 out of 38 grade 6 passed, 8 grade 12 passed and 7 had the chance to rewrite and we await their results. Twenty nine passed the grade 9 exam. Three had marks high enough to rewrite but due to lack of time the Mof Ed did not give them that option this year, thus they are considered as having failed. We are pretty pleased with the results, although Clovis does aim for perfection.

School started off well on Monday. As usual the full complement of students have yet to appear and they will slowly trickle in this week. Some of the parents are most likely still trying to get uniforms and other paraphenalia ready for them to return to class. I really give credit to the K1 teachers.....at one point I was thinking I should be giving each of them a bottle of tylenol. They had the music blaring away to keep a light mood for the new children but amongst all of that music, I heard a lot of crying. I think it is the usual routine for them and they seem to take it all in their stride.

Election campaigning has begun and there are banners, flyers, posters everywhere with various candidates pictures, slogans etc printed on them. Thus far it seems to be staying pretty calm....we hope it will continue as such.

Pictures will not be forth coming for awhile..I am having computer challenges since I lost part of the power cord to my own computer. Luckily I have a caring brother who is working to try and help me resolve that problem.

until next time....here is a little Shaker saying for you to ponder: Begin today! No matter how feeble the light, let it shine as best it may. The world may need just that quality of light which you have.

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment