Sunday, October 17, 2010

Good Morning all:
I have a few minutes to spare before heading out to the school to join the kids for the church service, so thought I would spend it adding a few lines to this blog. There is not really a whole lot to tell as we have been just carrying out the daily chores of running the school. This week my big accomplishment was getting the housekeeping staff equiped and an inventory prepared of the materials each of them have. Next week, it will be the gardeners and following that the kitchen staff. Each of the groups has a list a mile long of what they "need". Finding out why the item is "needed" has been an interesting process.

Yesterday I visited a new store like Eko Depot. It is called MSC trading. I wanted to check it out and I also had a list of items that Christophe needed for some repairs at the school. Who ever thought I would be excited about being in a hardware store. It was a bit like Home Depot and the prices were a bit better than at Eko Depot. I don't know if it will be one stop shopping but they do have a big selection on hand.

From there I went to pick up the mail and then to the grocery store....the traffic was bumper to bumper going both ways, so it was not a speedy trip. On the way home I stopped at a Haitian Arts Festival. I wish you could have had the opportunity to attend to see some of the fine crafts produced here. Naturally there were a number of the metal workers there. As well there were folks selling jewellry, purses, embroidery, paintings, shoes, home made jellies, stone carvings and on and on. It may not be surprising to some to know that I managed to leave a few gourdes behind.

This afternoon I will be picking up the medical team coming from Statesboro Georgia. They are being joined by 3 folks from Canada....the first time we have had Canadians on a Mission trip. It is pretty exciting for me to be introducing them to the Lazarus Projects in Haiti. It will be a busy week, I know that for sure, but a very satisfying one too.

Time has marched on, so I must leave you now to head out to church. Sunday blessings to one and all.

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment