Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hello faithful readers: Yes.....I am still alive and kicking! I know it has been some days since I have written but it has been more or less the status quo since I last wrote. Still lots of chatter about Duvalier's return and of course the elections results, involvement of the International community, the OAS results and Aristide's desire to return to Haiti are also right up there. The FINAL election results are to be announced somewhere between Jan 29 and Feb 2...I am guessing closer to the 2nd...it's a bet I have with myself. Rumor also has it that Celestin has withdrawn which clears the way for Martelly. But there has been no publice announcement of that by Celestin himself nor has the Electoral Committe recieved any official declaration. ..so the beat goes on!

The one big change since last writing is that I am no longer alone at Hope House. The Andersons, Bert and Roberta have joined me to help with the operations. They were a very good birthday gift as they arrived the day I was celebrating "my day". What a welcome addition they are and having three years full time experience in Haiti under their belt is definately a bonus! See the website for a bit more information about them if you are interested. It has only been a little over a week since they have been here but they are picking up things so quickly that it seems like they have been here much longer. I know they look forward to meeting many of you who are planning trips to Haiti and Hope House this year.

Everyone else at Hope House is fine....Jean is back from an extended visit to his family and he is busy now getting our vehicles into top running order...they are showing their age and appreciate his "tender loving care" of them.....me too as without those vehicles I really would be stymied.

I finally made it out to the Artibonite Valley to visit Wilner this past weekend. It has been awhile and it was interesting to see various building projects going on along the road going North. It was a much smoother ride too as even more of the highway has been repaved..that is definately a sign of things improving!

With that I bid you fond farewell....until next time..peace be with you......Debbie
Click here to read about the ANDERSONS!

No comments:

Post a Comment