Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hello all:
Peace and quiet reign! The team should have arrived at their homes by now and I am sure they are already sharing stories of their adventures in Haiti. Probably one of the first stories will be about the after shocks they experienced last night....2 around 1:30 AM. Me....I was sleeping like a log and didn't feel a thing. Andy even came knocking on my door to see if I was all right. He must have knocked very lightly as I didn't hear a thing either. This AM when he was telling me all of this he said it was probably just as well as all of the fellows had scurried out of their rooms in their skivvies..what a site that must have made!!!

Sadly these rather large tremblings (4.7) caused a lot of panic among folks around PAP. Some people had decided to enter their houses for sleeping and they raced outside with great fear. It was quite the talk with everyone today and the radio stations had call in shows asking people about their experiences. Jean told me one of his friends called him just after the action took place and said he had had it and was heading to his hometown of Jeremie. I imagine there will be others like that too.

Things were relatively calm as we dropped the gang off at the airport. The airport admin. had already made some changes with the logistics and it helped out with the traffic circulation around the airport...still a little slow but nothing like the othe day. They left with a bit more luggage than they anticipated as they helped to get luggage left behind by the "earthquake team" one step closer to home. Andy's folks go back and forth to Pennsylvania so for a while they will play mules carting the pieces of luggage back to their owners. They also took items that were for Larry and Margaret.

I did some banking business on my way home from the airport and then headed back to Hope House. Since then I have alternated between sitting at the computer and doing odd jobs with the staff. Tomorrow we will start preparing for the team from Joyfull Spirit Lutheran Church who will arrive on Saturday from Bollingbrook, Ill, as well as start getting is materials to fix the next portion of the wall. Jorel will start next week with getting the next stage of the work on the new depot underway.

Photos:
AH....my nice neat and tidy depot work area...just one of the "miracles" the Men of Fire worked.
What a shock I just got when I looked at the wall clock and saw it was already going on for 7 PM.....I think it is time for a new watch....mine reads 5:25.

tira for now......Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment