Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hi everyone: I am POOPED! what a couple of days we have had...out of the house at 6:30 to get to the school for VBS and then once back at Hope House we have unloaded and moved 4 camions full of donated goods...... Between these two activities the team has also visited the Metal workers boutiques in Croix des Bouquets and made a visit to Food for the Poor and the hardware store. Because the truck was busy with getting the goods from FFTP...we have had a convoy of 3 vehicles going to the school and out and about the last two days. Greg one of the volunteers drove my car, I drove one of our and had a cousin of Jean's driving the third. Jean stayed back at the house to take care of our electrical problem......the invertor kept going out.

Today he thinks he solved the problem....hallelujah.....the other nigth I was up every 15-20 minutes resetting the darn thing...I did allow myself two hours of sleep and said to heck with the fridge and freezer for that bit of time.

The saying goes..it doesn't rain but it pours and that has been true this week. Not only did the container shipment arrive, but a donation of clothes collected by a friend arrived and then another donation of goods collected by Advent church arrived......am I ever glad of that new depot...it is packed and so is every other depot and the little apt house.

Several ladies of next week's team were worried they wouldn't have enough work to do......that is sure not the case. I think I have enough to keep the next several teams going....as we have to sort out, organize, count and deliver the goods to various places or arrange to have them picked up.

I have very much appreciated the efforts of this VBS team which I am going to nick name the Energizer team as they just kept on going like the Engergizer Bunny.


The "delivery" truck....one uses the resources at hand.....the dump truck part of it was great for emptying all of the 2 x 4's out of it. The driver just hoisted the back end and they all slipped out of the truck to the ground. You can see one of the wheelbarrows being off loaded.. They were put to immediate use hauling boxes of goods to the depots.

Speaking of which,here is Becky delivering some goods herself...lots of school binders for the kids to go back to school with.

what can I say......it's "men's work...stacking the lumber

Just to show you that I don't just wave the baton around as the conductor.....geez..I didn't know the top of my head was so white!!




Let me introduce you to the "Engergizer Team"

First row LtoR: Steve, Lisa, Greg, Janis
Second row LtoR: Christa, Pastor Rich, Matt, Martina, Becky, Cassie
Top row LtR: Mark, Barrett, Drew, Pastor Veronica

they are standing in front of the stacks of rice at Food for the Poor..all will be delivered within a month to 6 weeks!

Now I bid you good night..until next time. ..Debbie

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for mentioning FFP on your blog. We appreciate working with you!

    Sincerely,

    Megan@FFP

    ReplyDelete