Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday greeetings to one and all: A fine day has been had thus far by myself and the VBS (vacation bible school) team. We had an early start to get to the school as we were hauling all of the VBS supplies to the school and they wanted to check out the rooms and organization for the classes which are to begin tomorrow. As well, they met with their interpretors and getting acquainted with them and showing them what type of things they will be doing.

I must give the team credit as I forgot to mention their singing duties at chapel this AM, but they came out very well..not only doing 1 song but Jorel even coaxed two more out of them.

Then it was on to the Visa Lodge where we enjoyed the buffet lunch. The place, as I suspected it would be, was packed with folks who came for lunch and to watch the final match of the World Cup. I wore my orange blouse in support of Holland but it was for naught as they lost 1-0 in the second overtime period. We managed to catch the overtime periods....how was that possible? We made record time getting back to Hope House from our circuit tour...why...because there was absolutely NO traffic....everyone was inside watching the game. Now that the series is over..life will go back to "normal". I am wondering when we will see the EDH electricity for the next time......the company squeezed a lot of extra hours in order that more people could watch the games.

Yesterday I met a friend a the Visa Lodge for breakfast before heading to the airport to pick up the gang. It was a pleasant interlude. I was really glad I did that too, because Odney and the big truck got caught in a huge traffic jam and the team exited the airport before Odney even got there. Normally I would have been driving right along behind him.....things always seem to happen for a reason. Being from Florida, waiting around in the hot sun, didn't bother them too much. Fortunately Odney got their about 15 minutes after and soon we were bumping our way back to Hope House.

That brings you up to date at this end of things. We are looking forward to a great week and we wish you a good one too!

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment