Thursday, April 1, 2010

Good Evening once again. Sorry to have missed out yesterday....as I sat down to write I lost Internet connection and as it had been a long day, I thought it was a "sign" that I should close up shop and go and relax.....which I did.

For the most part today and yesterday (in the AM) have been office days. I feel good about the progress I made while taking care of smaller issues with staff and visitors in between times. Wed afternoon was spent doing bank business. I got there just after noon and left at 3:00 PM.....all that time to deposit three cheques. I've rapidly learned that this type of wait is par for the course so I went prepared with my book to read and thus the time didn't seem too endless. Half the time was outside and the other inside the air conditioned bank. That done, I did a few more errands on the way home and then got back to Hope House to finish organizing "prizes" for the kids at school next week. Clovis has the kids doing 2 hours of class work and then 2 hours of "fun" stuff...sports, quizzes, videos and other things to help ease the kids (and teachers) back into the school setting. The upper grades will also have a small soccer tournament, which I will miss for the most part due to my travel to the US as of Thursday. I sent a real variety of items out to the school this AM and I think the kids will be happy with their wee gifts. I just have to go and purchase a few bags of candy and then we'll be all set.

Today my day started out answering my phone at 7:00 AM.....shockinly, at least to me I was still sound asleep. My 15 minutes of dozing after I turned off the alarm at 6 somehow got away with me. Anyway it was Wilner calling to tell me that a thief had broken into the back of his car and stolen his radio and "booster system" (to give better sound) out of the car. Not a very nice way for him to start the day that's for sure. I can truly testify to that feeling having had the radio stolen out of my car within weeks of purchasing it. I told him to look on the bright side..at least they didn't steal the car or do a lot of other damage. Now we have something else for which to save our pennies!

I didn't get much news off the radio today. The biggest topic of conversation is the re-opening of school on Monday with many schools announcing meetings for the students and teachers. I am sure though in the next few days there will be lots of talk about the meetings going on in New York over the next few days regarding the rebuilding in Haiti. It will be interesting to hear the results.

On Tuesday I spoke of the lanterns that were part of the relief package going to the staff. These were made possible due to a Lenten project from a church in South Dakota that was stimulated by two church members who were vacationing in Florida and attended another church which also had a Lenten project for the Lazarus Project...it is amazing how the Spirit moves people to action and how far those ripples reach. I leave you today with a picture of two of the happy staff members recieving their lamps














I thought this little thought seemed appropros to go along with the gift of light to the staff.

A call to meditate for peace in every land ...

Lord, we each and everyone
See You shining as a sun.

Radiant bright You are our light
Keep us sheltered in Thy sight.

In every culture, language, clime
We feel Your presence in our time.

We look to You and in our way
Call out our need and daily pray.

With peace our present beck and call
Lord, keep us centered, one and all.

And as we try with all our might
Keep us striving toward the light.

May Your peace spread through all lands
So together we stand, hand in hand.

Easter Blessings,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment