Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hi everyone: I am crazily running around trying to get everything done before heading out at 6AM tomorrow for my trip to the U.S. As it always goes I had several unexepected errands to do today, .picking up items at Food for the Poor that were sent for VOH and shopping for sardines, to make up for a short fall that we have in our stock from BND. For the most part Stock management is not a forte that many Haitian people have acquired...at least in my experience. Traffic today was horrendous coming back through Croix des Bouquets from the school. It took me over 1/2 hour to inch my way along 1/4 of a mile or so. Finally in frustration I turned the car around and took a very long bypass to get ahead..and that I did.....it took me less time doing that than the time I sat in line and would have continued for another good bit of time. Thus I made it to Food for the Poor as planned and picked up the items they had for me...construction supplies. Unfortunately some of the items were stolen from the back of the truck as I left Food for the Poor.....I felt sick about it for not have them secured well enough. My only consolation was the hope that someone was feeding their family or sending a child to school wiht the funds made from the sale of the "hot" goods.

I managed to get some tins of sardines......wiping the store out of their stock. I had hoped they may have had a few cases in their stock room, but I got what was on their shelf. At least it is a bit to fill the gap.

Now I will bid you fond goodnight and will go and take the laundry off the clothesline and pack some of it into my suitcase.

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment