Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Good Evening: I thought after my break in the US time would not run by me so quickly but no such luck....the hours scurry by and before I know it is bedtime...and somehow have missed supper. I did have a nice weekend though as I took time off to visit with Wilner who came to be with me. We were to meet at a beach club but two items scuppered that idea....one there is a gas shortage so I didn't want to use my car and second..the theft that took place with his car was worse than he first told me...they not only took the radio and booster but also the NEW battery and the two brand NEW tires he had just put on the car......TOTALLY AMAZING that all of this took place in our yard. Wilner didn't hear a thing and his neighbours who did were too afraid to sound an alarm. Wilner was so shocked once he got over his first surprise at seeing the damage to the back door. He was totally awake when he first looked and didn't see the other items until a little later on. So he did not have wheels to get to the beach either. Our time together was nice and we went out for late lunch/early dinner to celebrate his birthday which is coming up on Thurs.

Other news of the day that I failed to report is that when I got back it was to learn that Hopie (who I thought was "fixed) delivered 5 puppies just before I got back. She and the neighbour dogs obviously took advantage of the downed walls to get into a bit of mischief. I haven't had a chance to take a picture yet, but I will post one in a day or two. I have already called the vet to see at what stage we can have Hopie taken care of so we don't have more puppies to tend to and find homes for.

Today Jean D. is scheduled back from his holidays and the machinery must sense this. Yesterday and today the Isuzu would not start...bad battery I think and today when I was out on an errand the Pick up wouldn't start. Fortunately a fellow came to my rescue and got it going again but told me to keep if running if I had other errands to do..there is a problem with the starter. Believe me I was praying all the way home that I would not stall the vehicle.

I dropped it off and picked up my car, which knock on wood, is still running fine. Then I headed out to a meeting ..only arriving an hour late!

The third thing awaiting Jean is the small generator. I started it up yesterday after running it over the weekend with no problem and for reason unknown it made a lot of smoke and "died".

Needless to say Jean is going to get a very warm welcome when he appears in the yard.

So as you can see the beat goes on....I keep waiting for a day when all will be running smoothly! Hah!

I don't plan to skip supper this evening so I will cut this short for tonight and go and tend to the stew heating on the oven.

A bientot.
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment