Saturday, April 3, 2010

Howdy: Hope everyone is having a nice Easter weekend. I have been working away both yesterday and today but admit to going at a slower pace and today I took some personal time to visit with a friend who flew into Haiti this AM. She is on a medical team heading to Jeremie (southern peninsula) in the AM. Donna has been to Haiti a number of times and even lived here with her family while she and her husband worked at Hopital Albert Schweitzer in days gone by. I lucked out too as another Haitian friend of hers that I know quite well was also there, so I got to have a short visit with her as well.

When I got back to Hope House I unloaded a bunch of supplies I had purshased and then reloaded the vehicle with items to take to the school tomorrow in preparation for next week's opening. Thanks to a donation from someone who said "spend it how you wish" I even have a bunch of packaged cookies in the car as well. I plan to give them out to the kids after church tomorrow. I couldn't resist playing "Easter Bunny" even if I am the only one who knows about him. I called Marie to see if she would be interested in joining me for lunch after church tomorrow and she was most delighted. She is even going to come out to the school for the service., this after having a sunrise service with the girls at 5:00 AM.

The traffic was less hectic today..don't know if that had anything to do with the shortage of fuel at some of the stations or not but it was nice not to be sitting in traffic line ups along the way. However it got me through my business quicker than Ihad planned and thus had time to spare before I went to visit Donna. Thus I was "forced" to stop along the way and have a coke and a bite to eat. I managed to peruse through the Good Housekeeping magazine I had just recieved when I picked up my mail. It was a bit of luxury I haven't had in a while, so believe me I thoroughly enjoyed that hour of time....that was my Easter treat!!

until tomorrow.....may the joy of Easter bring gladness to your hearts.

Debbie

1 comment:

  1. Debbie - thank you so much for posting and keeping us reminded of the great work being done there ....and the fact that even though we are not there - we can continue to help from home with even small things that make a tremendous difference to many who have so little. Safe travels on your US trip and THANKS for picking up cookies for the kids - everyone needs a treat!

    ReplyDelete