Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Good Evening: Another fine day is quickly drawing to a close. A good down pour just as we finished dinner cleared the air and brought a nice cool breeze along behind it. The gang are getting their bags together for their 6:00 AM departure for the airport. Julie and Jenn leave at 6 PM so they are going to do some errands with me tomorrow.

We had another early start to the day as the folks were so anxious to get to the school to start their painting project. Before leaving thought we packed 12 boxes of rice meals, some beans and canned goods into Simone's pick up. Simone worked as our translator last week. She and her neighbours have started a feeding center to provide neighbourhood children, newly orphaned or with drastically altered family structure with a hot meal each day. Each of the neighbours provides shelter for one of the kids. I was happy we were able to help her out with some of the rice meals and we will probably do it again.

The eager beavers got right to work and by noon we were on the road back toward town. I profited from the time to do some statistical work and to clean up the office and storage area. I felt good for having got that done. We made a quick stop at the apt. to water the plants and the fellows helped to dissassemble the beds. Slowly but surely the apt is getting packed up. Each time I go I bring a box or two back to Hope House.....its a bit of a hodge podge way to move, but the job is getting done never the less.

After lunch which was enjoyed at the Epi Dor Mac Epi restaurant, we passed an hour with Marie's girls. Paul's balloon animals were a big hit. The place was pretty busy as renovation work has begun on the new chapel. Christophe is over seeing the project and as today was a National holiday he was there slugging away. Greer and two others made a visit to the Blanc's at Santo 2 and the others who live in the compound.

Coming back we made a quick stop at the Bon Pain restaurant to by ice cream to go with the Birthday cake I had purchased for Greer as today was his birthday.....!

Last item on the agenda today was meeting with Robenson as he was needing some funds to pay the next allotment of tuition for his course. It goes well for him although he says they are not at full capacity as yet.

Well folks once again I will have to send photos after the fact. I have now had two batches rejected and it took me 20 minutes to get that far. So I will go and make better use of my time..by putting my head to my pillow and will hope for better results tomorrow.

cheers,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment