Monday, May 17, 2010

Hi one and all: Another blog lesson under my belt allowed me to just post the last several days of reports which I just learned had not got to the site. I do feel better knowing that all of my time was not lost.

I mentioned in one of my reports how my office was covered in platic bags awaiting the distribution.....voila....here is the proof of what I reported.

Today was a very BUSY and productive day. I don't know about the rest of the team but I for one am more than ready for my bed tonight. We got more than our share of exercise as we made numerous trips back and forth delivering the goodie bags to the different classrooms. The team members were treated to a variety of songs as the kids sang a song to thank them for the gifts. It was a great way to add to their Flag Day celebrations.











May 17 is Teacher appreciation day in Haiti and I was happy to be able to pass onto the teachers a pay supplement we had prepared for them to help them as they faced various challenges post earthquake. This special celebration would not have been possible without the generous support of so many who contributed to the Earthquake Relief Fund. On behalf of all of the staff at VOH school and Santo 3, I send a great big THANK YOU. We also presented each of the teachers with a special bucket that had been prepared by members of the Holy Spirit Lutheran Church of Juno Beach Florida.












After our lunch of rice and beans and fish sauce, we completed the distribution to the teachers and then were treated to the kid's parading with their flags and singing a special flag day song.
Clovis, the school principal was the leader of the pack.
























that's it for this time around.....Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment