Saturday, May 8, 2010

Good Evening!...what a FULL day it has been....to say the least. The University Lutheran team who joined us last evening hit the ground running. I don't know if they have had a chance to catch a breath. We are up and at em at 5:30 this AM for our 6:30 departure for the school. There was some last minute set up and organization to perform before we started seeing the patients. There a couple of minor hiccoughs (the doctors arrived late for one) but on the whole it was a very good day. We saw approx. 130 adults and children combined. Unfortunately there was a mix up with the message about the vaccinations so that part did not happen.

I forgot the fans, so the poor group in the pharmacy area felt the heat. I give them credit though as they managed to "keep their cool" no matter the temperature. We were blessed with understanding clients who waited patiently for several hours to see the doctor and to finally be on their way with drugs in hand. Dr Laurent and Dr JeCroix are doing an excellant job and are a real pleasure to work with. The University students helping us out have also been a big help. I was too busy running up and down the hill and pouring drugs to take pictures but will make sure I do my homework on Monday.


On the way home, the gang still had enough energy to make a stop at the metal workers shops in


Croix des Bouquets...I think everyone came away with a wrapped parcel or two in hand....including me!

Since I haven't written everyday, I will back track a bit to yesterday and share several pictures for you of our activites. While Rene and Richard went out to lunch and shopped for art..to celebarte Rene's joining "the medicaid group" birthday and official retirement age I took Matt, Eric and Tina over to Food for the Poor. While going through the depot I learned that 2 pallets came for us and I even spotted one of them. It is full of special buckets sent by a church in Florida for the staff. We will pick them up next week. The 3 visitors happily joined the FFTP in handing out the food for the clients in the feeding program. Later that evening Matt who is a bar tender did the honours and popped the cork on the champagne we shared to toast Rene for her special day.
















Above
Tina and Eric hard at work under the watchful eye of the staff and the recipients.


Below
Matt pouring the bubbly for Rene's birthday and getting ready to blow out the candles. Rene's comment was that she was happy I hadn't put all of the candles on her cake that would have represented her 65 years.















Good night.....until next time
Debbie












No comments:

Post a Comment