Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hello and Sunday blessings one and all: The weekend as usual has zoomed by. Joel was a school yesterday morning, preparing for exams so Wilner and I hung out until he got back. After breakfast Wilner had a little siesta and I worked on organizing the little depot...it was getting nearly impossible to move inside of it. I am happy with the progress made and now a team will be able to help me finish the rest. Once Joel returned we headed to the apt and got things more or less set to move. Wilner swept away cobwebs and dust ++++ while I finished organizing and packing some boxes. I hope to only make one more trip and then I will be ready to move out. The fellow who was supposed to come and disconnect our invertor and put the EDH wiring back together didn't show up so that is why I have another trip to make. However that is not so bad as I can pick up a few more boxes. I'm glad our new depot is done at Hope House as I imagine a few of my items will go into it.


We treated ourselves to dinner at our usual Haitian restaurant and once again they did not fail us. When we got back (with take out for Joel in hand) we unpacked my car and then relaxed for the evening. We saw a bit of a performance from Champs Mars that was being televised....it was a musical concert put on to bring awareness to everyone about the hurricane season and precautions to be taken.....a good public awareness campaign that was for sure...the square was packed with people. I keep hearing we are in for a heavy hurricane season this year.....so far lots of heavy rains but nothing worse as yet.....keep those prayers going for the well being of Haiti.


Today, I have been doing some work (correspondence, accounting and more depot work) but have also been taking time to sit and read. I have my nose in Dan Brown's newest book about Washington and the Mason's.....Wilner being a Mason has been piqued by the little I have told him about what I have read. I'll have to try and get him a French copy of the book.


Hopie is recuperating well from her operation and her "daughter" has recuperated from her vaccinations. Attached is a picture of the two of them resting up in my office while I worked away.
And with that I will bid you a fond farwell for now. May the week ahead be a good one for you!
Debbie


No comments:

Post a Comment