Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hello one and all: Yes, I am still alive and kicking. I know I have been out of contact for some days. There just didn't seem to be a whole lot to report on as I took care of day to day business. As well I took a quick trip to Boca Raton (Friday to Monday) to meet with Pastor Andy and participate in a conferance call with additional members of the Health Center task force. From the airport we drove directly to Food for the Poor where we met up with Darrell. He toured us about the facility and introduced us to a number of folks before we sat for our mini financial meeting.


The evening was spent at Andy (left back row, black shirt) and Susan's (front row, black and white blouse) place with a group of church members from Juno Beach Holy Spirit LC. Part of our discussions centered around preparations for Pastor Frank's (middle back row /white shirt)bicycle ride from his church to Lord of Life in Fairfax,Virginia. He is doing this as a fund raising event for the health center. It was also nice to be able to thank everyone for all their hard work putting the Buckets of Hope together and the goodies for the children.






Saturday I had the pleasure of particpating in a portion of the planning meeting that the Vacation Bible School team was holding. the team is made up of members from both the Advent and Holy Spirit LC. I was very impressed with their efforts, especially that each team member gave a little report on some aspect of Haiti (history, arts, religion, geography etc). I know what I do to prepare for a team's arrival and it was enlightening to see some of the work that goes on as a team prepares to travel to Haiti. I look forward to welcoming them in July.



Sunday gave me the opportunity to give greetings to the church members of Advent Lutheran Church at their different services. It was nice to see some familiar faces and I also had the opportunity to chat with several other members before and after the services.

I was spoiled and treated royally and thank Pastor Andy and Susan and Pastor Richard and Avis for the warm hospitality and for taking such good care of me.

Yesterday I got out fo the PAP just as a torrential rain began to pour down. Jean and I made it to the car just in time. Then we spent the next 1 1/2 hours in various traffic jams before we got back to Hope House. I was kidding Jean because it took me just about 2 hours to fly from Ft Lauderdale and here I spent nearly the same amount of time trying to get from the airport to home.
And there you have it folks..the latest from Santo 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment