Monday, March 29, 2010



Good Evening:


Not a lot to report today as it was spent primarily in the office doing paper work and completing the payroll. The cat made sure I was up good and early..an alarm clock I didn't want "set" for this AM but you can only ignor the meowing for so long. But it was a gorgeous balmy morning so it wasn't so bad to get up early to greet the day.


I had a visit from a fellow hailing from "The Rock" or in other words Newfoundland, who is in Haiti to see how he and his colleagues may be able to help with some of the rebuilding in Haiti. He is connected to various gov't people at the provincial level and his daughter is friends with someone who works closely with our governor general. He is interested to see how he may be able to help with our health center construction and will make a visit to the school tomorrow to look at the site. He is a general contractor and has done work across Canada and in various areas in the Carribean. We had quite a lengthy and interesting conversation.

My weekend away was GREAT. I went up the coast road instead of over the mountains and the road is so improved it only took me 2 hours to get there. We really did not do much of anything...how heavenly. I even managed to read a book during my time there. Saturday evening we went to our local bar/restaurant ..two driveways down...and enjoyed "fritay"....bits fo fried foods and even got a few dances in before we headed home. It was a beautiful evening with the nearly full moon lighting our way back. I stopped at HAS for a quick visit before heading back to town. Unfortunately none of the folks I went to see were available but I did have a short visit with another acquaintance. I've attached two pictures so you can see the little piece of Haiti paradise that I enjoyed over the weekend (our backyard) and a photo of Wilner watering his beloved garden that he has worked so hard to develop.


May I extend many Blessings too, to one and all for this Easter week.

Debbie

The spirit of Easter is all about Hope, love, and joyful living. ~ Anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment