Saturday, March 6, 2010

Hello all: It has been another gray and overcast day and for some of us with tropical blood..even a little chilly. It also has been a relatively quiet one since seeing The 'D" team (les disributeurs extraordinaires) off at the airport mid morning. Wilner arrived just before they were leaving so at least he got to see everyone and they him. I got last minute information from some of the gents about tools, breaker panels and even a quick lesson on power point.

The team did not let down at all the name of the church they represented.which was Joyful Spirit Lutheran Church. For the returning members of the group, they sure demonstrated their joy of returning to Haiti and the people they have come to know love. The newcomers showed it in the manner they took to everything here and especially the bonds they made with the children at Little Children of Jesus. To me it was simply a "joy" to be with them for the week.

The afternoon was spent getting the depot straightened out, watching as the two vets that came to see Hopie did their work and making sure the dump truck put his load in the right spot of the yard. A load of rocks arrived today as a beginning step to getting work started on completing the new depot which has been on standstill since November. Back to Hopie for a minute as I know so will be wondering.....she is the Hope House dog and we called my friendly vet Dr Keith to come and have a look at her as she has been coughing, off her food and lost some weight. Keith was busy so sent two lovely ladies in his stead to take care of her. Luckily it is nothing serious..a mild cold and have some medicines I have to give her over the next few days.


For the last hour and a half I have actually been stretched out on the couch getting my nose into one of the books that the team so graciously provided for me. Wilner is snoozing away and Joel in his room listening to music.

I am going to take tomorrow "off" from reporting so my next communique will come Monday evening after I pick up Pastor Ron at the airport. I look forward to my meetings and time with him. We both made up "to talk about" lists and it was pretty amazing the number of items we have in common on our lists.

Wishing you all a good weekend.

Joyful Spirit group

People will do anything to get a good photo..that's Jaimie up the ladder taking a shot of his group
Blessings to one and all
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment