Sunday, March 14, 2010

Good evening one and all:

A quiet weekend but a productive one. Saturday I shopped for groceries and cement....as I said to someone else..that is quite a combination. Never fear for all who may eat here, I will not get the two mixed up! Then it was on to mail pick up and at the same time recieved some more medical donations. Slowly I am being able to replace a lot of items we had given away to help others for emergency care. The afternoon was spent doing correspondence and sorting through the supplies.

Joel and I watched a movie in the evening and then it was time for some shut eye.

Today I putzed about doing some preparation in the kitchen for the team arriving on Thurs. and then spent the rest of the afternoon in front of the computer completing some assignments. It was nice to have the peace and quiet and not a lot of interruptions.

I had a call this afternoon from one of the kitchen staff (Modelene) who's daughter Vionie is in the hospital with apparent appendicitis. I will stop by at the hospital tomorrow to see them. Modelene said she may be operated on tomorrow or Tues.

This report seems a little drab but in a way its nice, knowing things are slowly down a bit so that we can get to the everyday work at hand.

Wishing you all a pleasant evening.

I will close with a short quote from Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy "Life isn't a matter of milestones but of moments"!......how true that seems to me.

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment