Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hi Folks: The "choir: did not let me down today. They did a marvelous job. Everyone was up singing and doing the hand motions with the songs. Jorel with his fine accordian playing helped to "CHOFE" everyone...get them heated up...so it was quite a lively time we had. Elysee gave a particularly poignant serman and we all came away touched with his words. Hope you enjoy the pictures of the crew in action..
We then headed for lunch meeting up with a young woman named Daphne, her mom and a friend of her mom's with his little boy. Daphne has been supported in school for a numer of years by folks that work with Ray and they asked him to look her up. I called to make arrangements and it was easer for them to meet us for lunch than try to find their home. With the help of Jorel, Daphne and Ray were able to have a fine conversation over lunch. Daphne's mom has a long splint on her R leg as a result of an injury sustained as they ran from their house during the earthquake. I know Ray's colleagues will appreciate getting first hand word of their student.
From lunch we did completed the circuit of Delmas to Rte Frere and back home. Jorel and Elsyee had also joined us for lunch and we were able to drop them off along the route. As other teams have been, I think these members too were very touched seeing the downed buildings in person. It makes it all that much more real to one and all. I still can't take in the enormity of it all and how many weeks have I been looking at it now?!
Not one's to sit idle, the team got down to work as soon as we got back...or at least right after getting into cooler clothes and downing a cold drink! Their assignment..starting to prepare the next "relief" packages we will give to the staff at the end of this month with their pay. The assembly line took a bit of time to get organized but no matter what the bundles all get packed and organized.
Last night several of the gang got a wee taste of a tremor as we had a little "shudder" around 9:30 or so last evening. It really was quite a short one. I was sitting at my computer typing away. After the fact, I was quite amazed at how fast my heart got beating with that one little shake. Just imagine what others must feel who had a much more intense experience than I did.
We sure must keep up our prayers for all of those who still suffer so much in one way or another as a cause of the earthquake.
Tomorrow ex-President Bush and Clinton make a visit to Haiti......it will be interesting to hear the results of it....the Lavalas party will try to get a good number of people out to demand more aid and to ask for Aristide's return.......that's pretty interesting considering the Bush/Clinton history as regards Aristide.
Everyone was just basking in the cool breeze...a beautiful tropical evening as we enjoyed Tom's devotional leadership tonight. I actually nearly went to put a sweater on as I was feeling a bit too cool. However I "toughed" it out and stayed put....what a whimpy Canadian I have become!
Sorry...about the order of my paragraphs.....I somehow got things out of order and now I can't figure out how to cut and paste them back into order....my normal way of doing it does not seem to work on this blog site.....that will be lesson number 3 tomorrow....everyone else had gone to bed.
That is where I will head now......rest well and may we all have a good and productive week.
cheerio,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment