Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Top o' the evening to you all:...Did you all wear green today? By happenstance I did!....but not a drop of green beer in sight. So to all with Irish blood flowing in them Happy St Patrick's day.

It was another day of taking care of the business at hand. Got the ladies off to the market this AM to get fruits and veggies, met with Joel and Fleury to straighten out some job duties, saw Joseph and Jorel off to purchase materials for the depot. Then Christophe and I headed to the school to check out what prep work we needed to do for the wall repair when the team gets here. I met with Clovis while I was there to go over some details from the budget he prepared. He was there to see that work on the food depot got started...which it didn't for one reason or another..until late this afternoon.

Clovis also told me of an interview he heard from the Director General of Schools regarding the opening. It seems he gave very wishy washy information and further confused the whole thing instead of giving clear information and details about the opening of school and the conditions under which each one can open. We strategized a bit so that we will be giving the same message to the teachers and students who may be leery to come to school and be in the classrooms. We will just have to take it one day at a time!

On the way home, I stopped by the grocery store and then headed to the hospital to check in on Vionnie. Her big sister Waldine was with her when I arrived. She is doing better and was pretty alert and bright eyed. I think however she will be there yet for another couple of days. Christophe joined me for this part of the trip too as his son Mark, was getting treated for a cut to the forehead he recieved a day or two ago, when a thug attacked him on the street. He had to have his dressing changed and to see the Doctor. I dropped off drugs for Hopital Eben-Ezer and last stop was to Marie's to deliver letters and bracelets mailed to her and the girls via my Agape address. A class from Port St Lucie Fl was sending cards of greeting, prayers and support and friendship bracelets for the girls.

..and the rest of the afternoon doing correspondence/paper work brings me to the current time of 5:30. I promised to finish early today as Marni, the one who has been assisting me get these reports to the website, will be leaving early to get to the airport as she is part of the Mission trip to Hope House tomorrow. Now I will leave you with a short Irish Blessing. ......Debbie

May God give you...
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment