Friday, March 5, 2010

Hello all: A dull gray cloudy day all day today with rain drizzling down from time to time. I just wanted to stay snuggled in bed..but alas the active team I am with did not make that possible.

The morning was filled with various activities and before I knew it the time to head to LCJ to pick up the crew working there was upon us. It took a while to leave as Lori it seemed bade a personal good bye to all of the kids and the staff. She, Julie and the others sure connected with the kids and you could tell they were sad to see them go.

I took the team on a short circular tour of a section of PAP so the newcomers could get a sense of the city and also to see the impact of the earthquake first hand. Luckily the rains held off and we only got a little spray from time to time. We enjoyed lunch at the Epi Dor bakery/fast food place. It is still going strong.

On the way home we returned to LCJ as Gladys has a little gift for everyone..she said I whisked them away too quickly in the morning. She was most appreciative of all of the work the team did and even forgave them for the shocking pink dining area!

Someone asked about school opening. The latest projection is for April 5.......this is yet to be confirmed. I will let you know when I get any more information. Clovis and I talked about the pros and cons of using tents, the trauma the teachers are experiencing and their instilling fear into the kids who have been less affected, plans for safety/evacuation-emergency planning to share with the kids and teachers.....in the meantime we wait.

The internet was down all day due to the overcast skies and I was thinking I may get a night off from writing. However I said I would go and try it one last time and wouldn't you know it ....up popped the page. But I am going to keep it short tonight.

The team is off tomorrow AM and I will welcome Wilner for the weekend. He is hoping to arrive early so he can meet the gang before we take them to the airport.

That's all for this evening..have a good weekend one and all,

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment